Hey Everybody! Welcome back to another episode of the Bolton Ebikes Podcast, a place where you can learn all about electric bicycles, parts, pieces, components, brands, whatever you want to learn about Ebikes. I hope it's something that I can cover right here. So if that's something you want to know about, you are in the right place.
Now for those that don't know, there is something special I've been doing with these podcasts, so you can get early access to them. Today, we’re going to talk about How to Use A Mid-Drive Ebike. My name is Kyle Chittock. I'm the owner of Bolton Ebikes, and you are listening to the Bolton Ebikes Podcast.
In today’s episode you’ll learn more about:
- How to not have that clunk sound when shifting through gears
- How gearing works on a mid-drive and how to get the most torque.
- When coming up a hill, when should you shift?
- How to get more range from your mid-drive ebike.
- Why pushing the bike too hard can make it struggle, not perform better.
- Why there isn’t one gear that is best for hills and the factors that can affect climbing capabilities.
- The benefits of the shift sensor and why that provides a smoother riding experience.
- What the brake switch does and how that works on these ebikes.
- How to make your mid-drive bike last for years to come.
If you have a mid drive or if you are waiting on one or you're buying one, just get familiar with your bike. I think that's one of the most important things to take out of this. Know what all of the components do. If you do that, you're going to have a better experience overall.
Thanks again, everybody for listening to the Bolton Ebikes Podcast. If you're not on our newsletter for the podcast emails that go out every week to remind you about new episodes. So make sure to do that. Go to e bike podcast dot com. Once again, that is e bike podcast dot com. You can sign up for our newsletter and get basically just a simple email that says, Hey, here's what our latest episode is about and where you can go listen to it.
And of course we're on all of these standard podcasting platforms on Android, Apple, and whatever sort of device you might have for listening to podcasts.
Thank you for listening. And I will talk to you on another Tuesday.
Links from Bolton Ebikes
Tune into EP 39: https://boltonebikes.com/blogs/podcast/tales-on-2-wheels-with-matt-robertson-ep-39
Sign up for Upcoming Podcast Episodes: www.ebikepodcast.com
Subscribe to The Bolton Ebikes YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/boltonebikes?sub_confirmation=1
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/868947773245145/
Who do you want me to interview for The Bolton Ebikes Podcast? Let us know!
Submit the contact information and stories about those ebike adventures to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you want to be on the show!