Hey, everybody! Welcome back to another episode of the Bolton Ebikes Podcast. I want you to know everything that you could possibly want to know about electric bikes, whether you're still researching, don't have one yet, or if you already have a bike either way. There's always more to learn. I'm learning new stuff every single day about electric bikes.
So today I want to talk about laws and regulations around ebikes. This is a common question: What class is this particular ebike? What does that actually mean? Where can I use it? Do I need to register it? It goes on and on. There's a lot of questions and it can be a little bit confusing.
Today, we’re going to clear all of those questions up for you.
In this episode, you’ll get answers to questions and topics like:
- What are the federal laws around ebikes?
- How that may differ from the state laws in your area.
- What are the classes of electric bikes and what do they mean?
- What does it mean to have a Class 1, Class 2, or Class 3 Ebike and where are you allowed to ride them?
- What does the motor wattage have to do with it?
- What about throttles when it comes to ebike classes?
- How to get involved in creating more awesome things in the ebike industry.
Thanks for listening to the show today to learn about the different ebike classes. Whether your bike is Class 1, Class 2, or Class 3 - always be sure to follow the guidelines for your area. If you're new to the podcast and want to know when new episodes come out, make sure to go to ebikepodcast.com.
I thank you for being a listener and being a part of the bigger Bolton Ebikes community that's growing every single day.
See you again next week!
Links from Bolton Ebikes
Get your Ebike Class Sticker Here: https://boltonebikes.com/collections/stickers-and-labels
Sign up for Podcast Episode Notifications: www.ebikepodcast.com
Get a Bolton Ebike: https://www.boltonebikes.com
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/868947773245145/
I want to hear your stories about electric bikes. Want to be on the show? Submit your information and stories about your ebike adventures to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org